|Release date||17 July 2007 (Update)|
|Location||Several (see article)|
|Notable features||Explains to players about Player Moderators|
|Get useful information from this guy.|
According to the Varrock Census in the library, the name of the Varrock town crier is Gryff Aldock.
Players can know they are near one if they have sound on by the bell ring they make.
When a player moderator in-game talks to a town crier, they have access to a few more questions to ask him. These are likely to be player moderator-related questions.
- East Ardougne - in the market - this one can be helpful to players stealing cakes from the baker in Ardougne as he gets in the way of the guards and keeps the player safe.
- Draynor Village - in the market
- Falador - near the west bank
- Varrock - near the east bank, and next to the dummy place, and the park (called Gryff Aldock, according to the Varrock Census of 160)
- Seers' Village - near the bank
- The Town Crier also seems to be one of the few NPCs who is aware that RuneScape is a "computer game," as he says "...go to the website for more information." This is an example of a character "breaking the fourth wall".
- When asked about player moderators, and then how to become one, the crier's final suggestion is "Be excellent to each other!" This is a reference to Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure and Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey.
- If a player moderator talks to a town crier, he or she has more in-depth information about player moderators, including quick access to their guidelines.