Treasure Trails is an activity which involves clue scrolls, rarely dropped items dropped by the majority of monsters on RuneScape. Clue scrolls contain clues and riddles for the player to solve to reach the casket and reap the rewards. The higher the level of the monster, the harder the clue scroll that it will drop. Treasure Trails are only available to members.
If you need help or are stuck at solving a clue scroll, go to the Treasure Trails Guide.
You should not venture out looking for treasure without these items!
- Clue scroll - Without the clue scroll in your inventory, you cannot progress to the next clue.
- Spade - Used for clues that require digging.
|Teleportation runes, enchanted jewellery, or other teleportation items||Use this to travel around Gielinor faster.|
|Dramen or Lunar staff||Access to Fairy rings after starting Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen.|
|(Super) energy potions or Stamina Potions||These can be used to restore energy.|
|Coins||Use these to pay for Charter ships, items needed for emote clues, etc.|
|Clue box||Although expensive to obtain, this item will save your clue scroll upon death with 100% success rate, at the cost of consuming the item itself. Useful when travelling through the Wilderness and other high risk areas.|
There are four types of difficulty levels for a clue scroll, these are: easy, medium, hard, and elite. More difficult trails provide more valuable rewards, for example easy clues can have black trimmed armour as a reward whereas hard clues would have a chance of giving rune trimmed armour instead.
- Easy scrolls can have 1-5 clues with few or no quest requirements.
- Medium scrolls can be 3-6 clues long with some quest requirements.
- Hard scrolls can be 4-9 clues long with high-levelled enemies to defeat, and high-levelled quest requirements.
- Elite scrolls can be up to 12 clues long with high-levelled enemies to defeat being followers of Armadyl or Bandos, and high-levelled quest requirements.
The items listed below are the rewards that are possible to receive from all levels of Treasure Trails. These items are not guaranteed rewards, only possibilities.
|Varying amounts of coins.|
|God pages for God books.|
|Various runes and elemental staves.|
|All player-craftable amulets, up to and including diamond.|
|Willow, yew, and magic comp bows.|
- The items listed below are rewards that can only be obtained from easy clue scrolls
- As well as unique treasure trails rewards, players may also receive a variety of items such as black armour, black weapons, oak planks, willow shortbows, coifs, leather armour, yew shortbows, salmons, trouts, elemental talismans and steel pickaxes.
|Bronze trimmed armour|
|Bronze gold-trimmed armour|
|Iron trimmed armour|
|Iron gold-trimmed armour|
|Black trimmed armour|
|Black gold-trimmed armour|
|Black, blue, white and red berets|
|Blue trimmed wizard robes|
|Blue gold-trimmed wizard robes|
|Black trimmed wizard robes|
|Black gold-trimmed wizard robes|
|Trimmed studded leather armour|
|Gold-trimmed studded leather armour|
|Black heraldic armour (h1 to h5)|
|Blue elegant clothing|
|Green elegant clothing|
|Red elegant clothing|
|Bob the cat shirts|
|Amulet of magic (t)|
|Vestment robes (Guthix, Saradomin, Zamorak, Zaros, Bandos and Armadyl)|
- The items listed below are rewards that can only be obtained from medium clue scrolls
- As well as unique treasure trails rewards shown below, players may also receive a variety of items such as adamant armour, adamant weapons, adamant pickaxes, adamantite nails, adamant crossbows, fire battlestaves, green d'hide bodies, green d'hide chaps, yew shortbows, teak planks, swordfish, and lobsters.
- The items listed below are rewards that can only be obtained from hard clue scrolls
- As well as unique treasure trails rewards, players may also receive a variety of items such as rune armour and weapons, black d'hide armour, magic shortbows and longbows, law and nature runes, and food items such as noted sharks and lobster.
|Rune trimmed armour|
|Rune gold-trimmed armour|
|Guthix rune armour|
|Saradomin rune armour|
|Zamorak rune armour|
|Rune heraldic armour (H1 to H5)|
|Trimmed blue dragonhide armour|
|Gold-trimmed blue dragonhide armour|
|Robin hood hat|
|Third-age melee armour|
|Third-age ranger armour|
|Third-age mage armour|
|Amulet of glory (t)|
|Vestment stoles and croziers (Guthix, Saradomin, and Zamorak)|
- The items listed below are rewards that can only be obtained from elite clue scrolls
- As well as unique treasure trails rewards, players may also receive a variety of items such as rune armour and weapons, super restores, Saradomin brews, extended antifires, ranging potions, battlestaves, construction planks, dragonstone jewellery, onyx bolt tips, high level tree seeds, crystal keys (and its loop and tooth components), death, blood, law and soul runes, and food items such as noted tuna potatoes and summer pies.
|Treasure Trails guide|