Treasure Trails is an activity which involves clue scrolls, rarely dropped items dropped by the majority of monsters on RuneScape. Clue scrolls contain clues and riddles for the player to solve to reach the casket and reap the rewards. The higher the level of the monster, the harder the clue scroll that it will drop.
If you need help or are stuck at solving a clue scroll, go to the Treasure Trails Guide.
You should not venture out looking for treasure without these items!'
- Clue scroll - Without the clue scroll in your inventory, you cannot progress to the next clue.
- Spade - Used for clues that require digging.
- Sextant - For coordinate clues.
- Watch - For coordinate clues.
- Chart - For coordinate clues.
|Teleportation runes, enchanted jewellery, or other teleportation items||Use this to travel around Gielinor faster.|
|Dramen or Lunar staff||Access to Fairy rings after starting Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen.|
|(Super) energy potions||These can be used to restore energy.|
|Coins||Use these to pay for Charter ships, items needed for emote clues, etc.|
There are three types of difficulty levels for a clue scroll, these are: easy, medium, and hard. More difficult trails provide more valuable rewards, for example easy clues can have black trimmed armour as a reward whereas hard clues would have a chance of giving rune trimmed armour instead.
- Easy scrolls can have 1-5 clues with few or no quest requirements.
- Medium scrolls can be 3-6 clues long with some quest requirements.
- Hard scrolls can be 4-8 clues long with high-levelled enemies to defeat, and high-levelled quest requirements.
The items listed below are the rewards that are possible to receive from all levels of Treasure Trails. These items are not guaranteed rewards, only possibilities.
|Varying amounts of coins.|
|God pages for God books.|
|Various runes and elemental staves.|
|All player-craftable amulets, up to and including dragonstone.|
|Willow, yew, and magic composite bows.|
- The items listed below are rewards that can only be obtained from easy clue scrolls
- As well as unique treasure trails rewards, players may also receive a variety of items such as black armour, black weapons, black nails, oak planks, willow shortbows, coifs, leather armour, yew shortbows, salmons, trouts, elemental talismans and steel pickaxes.
|Trimmed black armour|
|Gold-trimmed black armour|
|Black, blue, and white berets|
|Trimmed wizard robes|
|Gold-trimmed wizard robes|
|Trimmed studded leather armour|
|Gold-trimmed studded leather armour|
|Black heraldic armour (h1 to h5)|
|Blue elegant clothing|
|Green elegant clothing|
|Red elegant clothing|
|Bob the cat shirts|
|Amulet of magic (t)|
|Vestment robes (Guthix, Saradomin, and Zamorak)|
|Black crossbow, Black bolts|
- The items listed below are rewards that can only be obtained from medium clue scrolls
- As well as unique treasure trails rewards, players may also receive a variety of items such as adamant armour, adamant weapons, adamant pickaxes, adamantite nails, adamant crossbows, fire battlestaves, green d'hide bodies, green d'hide chaps, yew shortbows, teak planks, swordfish, and lobsters.
|Trimmed adamant armour|
|Gold-trimmed adamant armour|
|Headbands (Black, Red, Brown)|
|Boaters (Red, Orange, Green, Blue, Black)|
|Trimmed green dragonhide armour|
|Gold-trimmed green dragonhide armour|
|Adamant heraldic armour (h1 to h5)|
|Black/white elegant clothing|
|Purple elegant clothing|
|Amulet of strength (t)|
|Vestment mitres and cloaks (Guthix, Saradomin, and Zamorak)|
- The items listed below are rewards that can only be obtained from hard clue scrolls
- As well as unique treasure trails rewards, players may also receive a variety of items such as rune armour and weapons, black dragonhide armour, magic shortbows and longbows, law and nature runes, and food items such as noted sharks and lobster.
|Trimmed Rune armour|
|Gold-trimmed Rune armour|
|Guthix rune armour|
|Saradomin rune armour|
|Zamorak rune armour|
|Rune heraldic armour (H1 to H5)|
|Trimmed blue dragonhide armour|
|Gold-trimmed blue dragonhide armour|
|Robin hood hat|
|Third-age melee armour|
|Third-age ranger armour|
|Third-age mage armour|
|Amulet of glory (t)|
|Vestment stoles and croziers (Guthix, Saradomin, and Zamorak)|
Treasure trail items