|Slayer level||Unknown (edit)|
|Slayer XP||Unknown (edit)|
|Immune to poison?||Yes|
|Attack style||Ranged and Melee|
|Attack speed||Unknown edit|
|Examine||Eek! A big ghost!|
Treus Dayth is the boss monster in the Haunted Mine quest. He has the power to possess objects around him and send them hurtling towards players. He is summoned when the player attempts to pick up the Innocent-looking Key.
He uses these three main attacks:
- Crane-When you step in a square around a possessed crane, it will take a snap out of the player. It rarely hits above 10, but can hit in the low 30s. This is the second most dangerous attack out of three.
- Mine Cart-When a player steps on a cart track, a mine cart will be sent tumbling after them. This hit damage of up to 9 damage every half second, which can equal to 36 damage every 2 seconds if you're unfortunate. This is the most dangerous attack.
- Pickaxes-If the player is not near any other obstacle, Treus Dayth will simply make pickaxes appear and be shot at them. These hit up to 15 damage each, and cannot be blocked by the Protect from Missiles prayer, however it does weaken the damage taken. Pickaxes are the least dangerous attack.
Treus Dayth's imprisonmentEdit
Lord Drakan had the abandoned mine destroyed after the holy River Salve started to seep into the lower shaft of the mine. Although most of the water was tainted by the land's twisted soil, some remained pure and retained Saradomin's blessing. Purple crystals were growing in the mine and absorbed the blessing. When exposed to the unholy creatures of the land, the crystals would severely weaken or even kill them. To prevent the crystals from falling into the hands of Saradominists, Drakan then imprisoned Treus Dayth, who was one of his followers, to guard the crystals on the lowest level. Even after Treus Dayth died, his tortured soul continued to serve as the mine's guardian.
Treus Dayth has a nasty habit of teleporting in spots where the machinery can hit you. All that needs to be done is look where he is standing, and carefully walk around equipment to get to him. He can be difficult to fight for multiple reasons:
1) He can control objects around the room, causing them to damage you; these include the cranes and the mining carts
2) He will move around the room, only staying in 1 place for a very short amount of time (< 30 seconds)
3) He will be able to hit you up to 11-13; an inventory of good food (preferrably monkfish or better) is recommended
Protect from Missles is higly recommended, as his attack style is range based.