|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|High Alch||12 coins|
|Low Alch||8 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||395 coins (info)|
|This horn has restorative properties.|
A unicorn horn is used to make a herblore ingredient that can be obtained as a drop from unicorns and black unicorns. It can be ground down to unicorn horn dust using a pestle and mortar. The dust can then be used as an ingredient in anti-poison, super anti-poison and sanfew serum potions. It is also used alongside a cowhide to summon a Unicow in the Tower of Life.
Unicorn horns can be gathered from unicorns in the following areas;
- The Fremennik Province east of Rellekka, north of Swaying tree at the rare tree icon. With fairy ring access this spot is not far from a bank, and there is very little competition. There's 6 unicorns in total, but only 2 of these unicorns drop unicorn horns. (The other 4 are black unicorn foals.)
- Trading with other players
- Regular unicorns that wander the wilds.
- You can receive a Unicorn horn from Barbarian Assault by using the Gamble option when selecting rewards.
- There are two unicorns that roam the area between the Barbarian Village and Edgeville. The Edgeville bank is nearby, and the area is easily accessible.
- By using Fairy rings to Ardougne Zoo (Fairy ring code BIS) you are sent to a cage containing 2 unicorns)
- Levels 15-21 Wilderness, found east of Graveyard of Shadows, there are around 10 black unicorns. This can be a good source if you don't mind the risk associated with the wilderness and the level 101 ents nearby.
- After completing Tower of Life, players can mix 1 cowhide with 1 unicorn horn on the nortwest altar to spawn an unicow that can drop from 2 to 4 unicorn horns, typical strategy involves bringing 1 horn and 10-12 cowhides to get a full inventory.