Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
RuneScape Wiki: Due to wiki limitations, this article has an improper name. It should be "Update:Fatigue - version #2"
We've worked extremely hard today to update the mining/fishing system with respect to your comments and feedback. The old system was considered rather too much of a change by many, so we've made a new one is more like the original mining. Here is how the new system works.
- You can now actually see ore in the rock on the screen, so you can see when it spawns
- Ore now appears in the rocks TWICE as fast as it did pre-fatigue
- When ore is available you will always manage to get it now, you very very rarely miss
- To compensate for the faster spawns you get slightly tired as you mine
- The higher level you have, the more you can mine before you become tired
We've put a LOT of effort into balancing this system, I even wrote a little test program to compare the overall times of mining and fishing before and after, (this takes into account the extra time taken to go and get some rest), the time it takes to get ore / level should new be pretty much EXACTLY the same it was before, but mining is now much more varied and fun. We've also moved an awful lots of bed, and a few rocks/fish to make certain all the sites always have a bed within a carefully calculated distance,
Please give the system a good chance before sending any feedback. We've really put a lot of effort into making sure the version#2 system doesn't disadvantage anyone (except cheats!)
We might need to make a few more tweaks yet, but hopefully we're getting close to a really good system now.