|Release date||28 January 2001 (Update)|
|Start point||Draynor Village. Find Morgan and talk to him. Morgan's house is located north of Ned's house.|
|Description||The people of Draynor Village live in constant terror. Their numbers are dwindling, all due to the foul creature lurking in the manor to the north known as a vampire.|
|Requirements||Able to defeat a combat level 34 vampire.|
|Enemies to defeat||Count Draynor (level 34)|
A Vampire ThreatEdit
Morgan (located in Draynor Village) will tell you that a vampire is causing distress. He wants you to kill it. Go upstairs of Morgan's building and look for a cupboard. When you've found it, open it and search it to receive garlic. Morgan will also tell you to go to the Blue Moon Inn in Varrock, and talk to Dr Harlow.
Go to Varrock and head to The Blue Moon Inn located south of Varrock Square. Once inside, talk to Dr Harlow. Tell him Morgan needs his help. He will want you to buy him a beer. Find the bartender, buy a beer, and then talk to Dr Harlow. He will talk about vampires and give you a stake.
Next, buy a hammer from a general store if you don't already have one. You can buy the hammer from the Varrock General Store, which is just north of Blue Moon Inn. The closest general store to Draynor is in Lumbridge. You can also find garlic in the upstairs portion of Morgan's house, the garlic will be in a cupboard.
Now that you have the required items, you must now fight the vampire. Make sure you have a weapon, armour, food, garlic, a hammer, and the stake. Go to Draynor Village, and then head north to Draynor Manor. Once inside, go east towards large stairs that lead downwards. Go down them. There will be a coffin in the center of the room. Open it and the vampire, Count Draynor, will pop up and attack you. If you have garlic, the Count will be weakened, though he will still pose a huge threat to players with a low combat level. When you defeat the Count, you will automatically stab him with the hammer and the stake. When the Count is dead, you will have finished the quest.
- Note: Players who complete this quest with an Attack level of 1 will gain 19 Attack levels, resulting in an Attack level of 20.
- Lower levelled players looking to complete this quest to gain Attack levels fast should use Magic. Even a simple spell like Earth Strike will allow you to kill the Count easily.
- To leave the Manor, walk back up the large stairs and walk out through the door to the east and then through the second door in the northern part of the room.
- There is a bug where the count will disappear, causing him to return to his casket and regain his health.
- You should bring a friend with you if you plan on using Magic to fight the count. Ask your friend to stand between you and the count to create an artificial safe spot, as NPCs cannot walk through players.