|Release date||14 March 2005 (Update)|
|A big, scary hand!|
|Max hit||4, (18 without spiny helmet)|
A wall beast is a Slayer monster that requires level 35 Slayer to kill. A spiny helmet or Slayer helmet is required to start fighting one. Players without 5 Defence would not be assigned these as 5 Defence is required to wear the helmet. This monster is not very popular, due to the fact that its drops are poor with the exception of the mystic hat. It is found only in the Lumbridge Swamp Caves.
This creature is infamous for surprising, and often killing, low-level players in the Lumbridge caves.
The creature's immunity to poison has been confirmed with the use of the Monster Examine spell.
Strengths and Weaknesses Edit
If players wear a spiny helmet, the grabbing attack will fail, allowing them to be fought normally. A wall beast's maximum hit on a player wearing a spiny helmet is 4. You may also wear the Slayer helmet, as it is combined with the spiny helmet.
The spiny helmet is only required to initiate combat with a wall beast. Once it has started attacking normally, it can no longer grab the player's head, allowing a black mask to be used.
The wall beast does not count as a large monster and therefore the dragon halberd's special attack does not produce two hits on it.
Many people tend to skip the slayer task involving wall beasts, because the respawn rate is long and the beasts are scattered across the dungeon. However, you can quickly make a beast reappear by leaving the dungeon and entering it again, making the beast located west of the entrance available to slay again.
Despite their relatively high level, wall beasts have a low max hit and can easily be killed by a player with low combat.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Air rune 3 Common 15 Cosmic rune 2 Rare 176 Chaos rune 3; 7 Rare 306–714
Weapons and armourEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Bronze med helm 1 Common 20 Bronze full helm 1 Common 39 Iron med helm 1 Common 16 Steel med helm 1 Common 70 Steel full helm 1 Common 204 Black full helm 1 Uncommon 584 Mithril med helm 1 Uncommon 335 Mithril full helm 1 Uncommon 784 Adamant med helm 1 Uncommon 1,005 Mystic hat (light) 1 Rare(1/512) 9,109
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy guam leaf 1 Common 20
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 15 Common Not sold Tinderbox 1 Common 88 Bullseye lantern (unf) 1 Common 625 Lantern lens 1 Common 4 Unlit torch 1 Common 5 Eye of newt 1 Uncommon 4 Clue scroll (medium) 1 Rare Not sold
Training Tips Edit
- A player can "reset" the wall beast spawn by quickly climbing up the rope of the cavern and then back down—this is much faster than waiting for the wall beast to respawn by itself.
- Always remember to wear a spiny helmet.
- Remember to walk, not run. You will run right past them!
- They have a respawn time just like all the other monsters in the game, so place yourself near two different holes if not using the rope trick described above.
- They are located in the Lumbridge swamp caves, so remember to bring a light source.
- Players may wish to bring an antipoison in case they accidentally attack a cave slime or a cave crawler, which are poisonous.
- This monster has the highest hitpoints of any monster under level 50.
- Bring a rope if entering the caves for the first time