|Release date||14 March 2005 (Update)|
|A big, scary hand!|
A wall beast is a Slayer monster that requires level 35 Slayer to kill. A spiny helmet or Slayer helmet is required to start fighting one. Players without 5 Defence would not be assigned these as 5 Defence is required to wear the helmet. This monster is not very popular, due to the fact that its drops are poor with the exception of the mystic hat. It is found only in the Lumbridge Swamp Caves. Be sure to bring a rope and a light source.
This creature is infamous for surprising, and sometimes killing low-level players in the Lumbridge caves.
Strengths and WeaknessesEdit
If players wear a spiny helmet, the grabbing attack will fail, allowing them to be fought normally. A wall beast's maximum hit on a player wearing a spiny helmet is 4. You may also wear the Slayer helmet, as it is combined with the spiny helmet.
The spiny helmet is only required to initiate combat with a wall beast. Once it has started attacking normally, it can no longer grab the player's head, allowing a black mask to be used.
The wall beast does not count as a large monster and therefore the dragon halberd's special attack does not produce two hits on it.
The best location to slay these is in the southwest corner of the dungeon where there are two spawns located extremely close to one another. It is easy and effective to simply run back and forth between each spawn after completing a kill.
In addition, you can quickly make a beast reappear by leaving the dungeon and entering it again, making the beast located west of the entrance available to slay again.
Despite their relatively high level, wall beasts have a low max hit and can easily be killed by a player with low combat.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Air rune 3 Common 15 Cosmic rune 2 Rare 316 Chaos rune 3; 7 Rare 306–714
Weapons and armourEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Bronze med helm 1 Common 54 Bronze full helm 1 Common 23 Iron med helm 1 Common 22 Steel med helm 1 Common 58 Steel full helm 1 Common 226 Black full helm 1 Uncommon 757 Mithril med helm 1 Uncommon 310 Mithril full helm 1 Uncommon 769 Adamant med helm 1 Uncommon 994 Mystic hat (light) 1 Rare (1/512) 9,214
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy guam leaf 1 Common 8
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 15 Common Not sold Tinderbox 1 Common 123 Bullseye lantern (unf) 1 Rare 320 Lantern lens 1 Common 5 Unlit torch 1 Common 1 Eye of newt 1 Uncommon 4 Clue scroll (medium) 1 Rare Not sold
Training Tips Edit
- A player can "reset" the wall beast spawn by quickly climbing up the rope of the cavern and then back down—this is much faster than waiting for the wall beast to respawn by itself. Bring a tinderbox so you don't have to see a warning each time you enter the cavern.
- Always remember to wear a spiny helmet.
- Remember to walk, not run. You will run right past them!
- They have a respawn time just like all the other monsters in the game, so place yourself near two different holes if not using the rope trick described above.
- They are located in the Lumbridge swamp caves, so remember to bring a light source.
- Players may wish to bring an antipoison in case they accidentally attack a cave slime or a cave crawler, which are poisonous.
- This monster has the highest hitpoints of any monster under level 50.
- Bring a rope if entering the caves for the first time
Crawling Hand (Superior) • Banshee (Superior) • Infernal Mage (Superior) • Bloodveld (Superior) • Aberrant spectre (Superior) • Gargoyle (Superior) • Nechryael (Superior) • Abyssal demon (Superior) (Boss)
|Fremennik Slayer Dungeon|
|Lumbridge Swamp Caves|
|God Wars Dungeon (Wilderness)|
|Stronghold Slayer Cave|
|Catacombs of Kourend|
Desert Lizard • Mogre • Harpie Bug Swarm • Killerwatt • Molanisk • Terror dog • Sea snake (Young) (Hatchling) • Brine rat • Fever spider • Mutated zygomite • Cave horror (Superior) • Dust devil (Superior) • Skeletal Wyvern • Dark beast (Superior) • Cerberus