|Release date||4 June 2007 (Update)|
|Quest NPC?||Grim Tales|
|Like a mini man!|
Winkin is an NPC that can be found underneath the Witch's House in Taverley. He is stuck inside of a cage, and when talked to, the player goes through the following dialogue:
- Player: Why are you in that cage?
- Winkin: That evil witch put me in here! She kidnapped me!
- Player: That's awful! Why did she do that?
- Winkin: She wanted the secret of my ogleroots, so she did!
- Player: Your ogleroots? I don't think I understand. What secret is that?
- Winkin: Well now, I have perfected a spell that would grow an ogleroot to an enormous size.
- Player: That's amazing! But how do you move the ogleroot around if it's so big?
- Winkin: You know, I had the very same problem so I came up with a simple solution. I used a spell I learned from a chap called Larry to shrink 'em down really small so that I could carry whole bags filled with 'em to the market place. Then when I got there, I would use the growing spell once more to make 'em huge and sell 'em for a tidy sum.
- Player: That's amazing! So how does the witch fit in to all this?
- Winkin: Well that old witch - she's a sly one, I tell you. She found out about my spell and kidnapped me along with my bag of ogleroots. She wants the secret of the spell but I ain't talking! No sir! So she's been feeding my mini-ogleroots to those ugly...things over there.
- Player: So she hasn't found out the spell yet?
- Winkin: Not yet, no. And I still ain't telling her. But from what I gather, she's started to use them ogleroots in some of her potions for something. I don't know what, though.
- Player: I see. Can I get you out of there somehow?
- Winkin: No, it's ok. I want to keep an eye on what the witch is up to down here with these odd creatures.
- Player: So, will you be alright?
- Winkin: Yes, I'll be fine for now. Good luck with your tasks!