|Release date||25 March 2002 (Update)|
|High Alch||96 coins|
|Low Alch||64 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||307 coins (info)|
|Logs cut from a yew tree.|
Yew logs are logs obtained from cutting yew trees, which requires at least level 60 Woodcutting for players to cut. They give 175 experience when cut with an axe, if you have a full lumberjack outfit you will gain 179.5 experience. Players can burn these logs with the Firemaking skill at level 60. They give 202.5 experience when burned.
Yew logs can also be made into bows, stock, and arrow shafts using the Fletching skill. When the log is cut into a Yew longbow (u) at level 70, it yields 75 experience. Cutting a Yew shortbow (u) at level 65, will give 67.5 experience. Stringing the unstrung bows will give the same experience as for cutting them.
One full inventory of yew logs gives exactly 4,900 Woodcutting experience. Yew tree locations are relatively few and scattered and also tend to be very crowded. Players would need to cut 72,919 yew logs to go from 60 to 99 Woodcutting.
Experience from logsEdit
- Each log gives 175 Woodcutting experience when cut (Woodcutting level 60 required).
- Lighting a log gives 202.5 Firemaking experience (Firemaking level 60 required).
- Making an unstrung yew shortbow gives 67.5 Fletching experience and 67.5 additional experience when adding bow string (Fletching level 65 required).
- Making an unstrung yew longbow gives 75 Fletching experience and 75 additional experience when adding bow string (Fletching level 70 required).
- Making a full yew stock gives 50 Fletching experience (Fletching level 69 required).
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Giant Mole 230 100 (noted) King Black Dragon 276 150 (noted) Skeleton brute 132 1 Skeleton warlord 132 1 Angry barbarian spirit 166 1 Ferocious barbarian spirit 166 3 Skeleton hero 149 1 Skeleton thug 132 1 Vampyre Juvinate 54; 59; 64; 90; 119 5
Yew logs and the economyEdit
Yew logs are usually in high demand from players who are trying to train Fletching. The value of yew logs is mainly driven by the High Alchemy value of Yew longbow (768 coins), which will pay almost completely for the yew log and the Nature rune needed to alchemize them. These logs are currently the highest level of logs available to free players and as such, cutting them can be a good way to make money as a free player.
Many players consider yew logs to be the best way to make money with Woodcutting. Although magic logs are worth more per log, they are much slower to obtain than yew logs. At 99 Woodcutting, a player can look to easily gain over 200 yew logs per hour.
|Gem bolt tips|