|Combat level||18, 25, 30|
|Hit points||24, 30|
|Immune to poison?||No|
|Max hit||Unknown (edit)|
|Weakness||Crumble undead, Slash, Salve amulet|
- For the random event reward, see zombie outfit. For the guardian that used to appear while burying bones, see Zombie (random event).
Zombies are a form of undead found all over Gielinor, appearing in several different locations, most often in graveyards, dungeons and tombs. Like Skeletons, they are the result of Necromancers reanimating the bodies of the dead.
Zombies generally have a low defence for their combat level, and are notably weak to slash attacks.
Zombie can refer to the following:
- Any monster whose name is zombie. This article covers these monsters.
- A class of undead creatures: zombies, zogres (zombie ogres), zombie monkeys, zombie pirates, etc. When given a Slayer assignment for zombies, any zombie-class creature may be targeted, including those such as undead chickens and cows.
- Gnome Village Dungeon just outside the Tree Gnome Village
- Entrana Dungeon in north-west Entrana
- Edgeville Dungeon
- Graveyard of Shadows (level 20-25 wilderness)
- Stronghold of Security (second floor)
- Varrock Sewers (level 13, level 18, and level 24)
- Mr. Mordaut's classroom (unattackable)
- Wizards' Guild
- Draynor Sewers
- Lair of Tarn Razorlor (dungeon)
- Melzar's Maze (4th stage)
Location by combat levelEdit
- Note: This table may be incomplete, as zombies appear in very many places. Some locations are in members-only areas, require quests to enter, require the ability to enter a guild, etc., so consider checking the location's description before going there to hunt zombies.
|13||West Ardougne graveyard, Draynor Sewers, Varrock Sewers|
|18||Edgeville Dungeon, Graveyard of Shadows in level 20 Wilderness, Varrock Sewers|
|24||Draynor Manor, Draynor Sewers, Edgeville Dungeon, Graveyard of Shadows in level 20 Wilderness, Melzar's Maze in Rimmington, Varrock Sewers, West Ardougne graveyard, Wizards' Guild basement|
|31,30||Stronghold of Security level 2|
|40||Lair of Tarn Razorlor (dungeon)|
|41, 42||Lair of Tarn Razorlor (dungeon)|
|44||Stronghold of Security level 2|
|47, 50||Lair of Tarn Razorlor (dungeon)|
|53||Stronghold of Security level 2|
|61, 67, 69, 70, 72, 76, 78, 80, 81, 85, 86, 90, 95, 98, 100||Lair of Tarn Razorlor (dungeon)|
Many zombie locations are far from banks. For players wishing to slay zombies and bank their drops, consider the following:
- Low-level zombies
- Medium-level zombies
- High-level undead ones
- Level 68 and 73 undead ones are by the entrance to Shilo Village, which is quite near the bank in the village. However, the Shilo Village quest is required for access to the village. Undead ones count as zombies for slayer tasks. When killed, the undead ones emit a 'green thick mist' that chokes you, doing some minor damage for a couple seconds. This mist is not poison, so anti-poison has no effect. The net effect is that players will take some extra damage killing these undead ones.
Zombies are one of the 'races' who have a lesser champion in the Champions' Challenge activity. To fight the Zombie Champion, the player must kill zombies until one drops a Champion's scroll, a very rare drop.
It should be noted that whilst undead ones count towards a zombie slayer task, they do not drop Champion's scrolls.
- Note: The level 18 zombies in the Edgeville Dungeon near Vannaka only drop bones and nothing else. Level 18 zombies elsewhere have regular drops.
Item Quantity Rarity Bones 1 Always
Item Quantity Rarity Steel arrow 5–32 Common Body rune 3–11 Common Chaos rune 4 Uncommon Air rune 3 Uncommon Fire rune 7–84 Uncommon Mind rune 5–7 Uncommon Nature rune 6 Uncommon Law rune 2 Uncommon Cosmic rune 2 Uncommon Iron arrow 5,8 Uncommon Mithril arrow 1,2 Uncommon
Item Quantity Rarity Bronze axe 1 Uncommon Bronze longsword 1 Uncommon Bronze med helm 1 Uncommon Bronze kiteshield 1 Uncommon Iron dagger 1 Uncommon Iron axe 1 Uncommon Iron mace 1 Uncommon
- Note that all herbs are dropped in unidentified form.
Item Quantity Rarity Guam leaf 1 Common Marrentill 1 Common Tarromin 1 Common Harralander 1 Uncommon Ranarr weed 1 Uncommon Irit leaf 1 Uncommon Avantoe 1 Uncommon Kwuarm 1 Rare Cadantine 1 Very rare Lantadyme 1 Very rare Dwarf weed 1 Very rare
Item Quantity Rarity Coins 1–250 Common Fishing bait 5–7 Common Dark fishing bait 5–7 Common Nature talisman 1 Rare File:Copper Ore.png Copper Ore 1 Uncommon
- ↑ Zombies found in the Wilderness will drop Dark fishing bait instead of normal Fishing bait.
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity Coins 3,000 Common Uncut sapphire 1 Common Loop half of key 1 Common Tooth half of key 1 Common Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon Nature talisman 1 Uncommon Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon Nature rune 67 Uncommon Runite bar 1 Uncommon Rune spear 1 Rare Rune battleaxe 1 Rare Rune 2h sword 1 Rare Uncut diamond 1 Rare Rune javelin 5 Rare Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare Adamant javelin 20 Rare Rune sq shield 1 Rare Steel arrow 150 Rare Rune arrow 42 Rare Law rune 45 Rare Death rune 45 Rare Dragonstone 1 Rare Rune kiteshield 1 Rare Dragon med helm 1 Rare Shield left half 1 Very rare Dragon spear 1 Very rare